About the CPQR
Highlights and News
- Has your centre still not assessed its compliance against CPQR’s Key Quality Indicators (KQIs)? Use this resource to ensure your centre is accreditation ready!
- CPQR, together with CIHI, has released the NSIR-RT Bulletin Summer 2018! This new quarterly communication supports continuous learning from RT incident data. Check it out today.
Our Activities and Beyond
CPQR successfully achieved all key deliverables set forth in its 2010 and 2012 project plans. Moving forward it has developed a plan that capitalizes on the momentum created in these programs while continually striving to raise the bar on quality, safety and system performance initiatives in Canada.
Our new programs focus on:
- Equitable access to radiation treatment across Canada;
- Patterns of radiation treatment practice across Canada; and
- Patient reported outcomes to guide clinical care and pan-Canadian performance improvement.
CPQR continues to support its existing programs, encouraging uptake and utilization across the country.
Our Steering Committee
The success of CPQR can be derived in part from the strong initial and sustained engagement of the radiation treatment community, through partnership with the professions involved in radiation treatment planning and delivery: the Canadian Association of Radiation Oncology (CARO), the Canadian Organization of Medical Physicists (COMP) and the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT).
Recognizing that much of the work undertaken by CPQR requires support and input from provincial cancer agencies, CPQR also includes representation from the Canadian Association of Provincial Cancer Agencies. Two patient representatives are also included to ensure that CPQR programs, and strategic priorities address the needs of patients and their families.
Full membership information is available in the About Us page of our website.