About the CPQR
Highlights and News
- CPQR is seeking feedback on the newest member of its guideline suite: Guidance on the use of Patient Reported Outcomes for Canadian Radiation Treatment Programs. Submit your feedback during our 30-day review period ending 13 March 2020. Draft available in English only.
- The Winter 2020 NSIR-RT Bulletin is now available
- In 2015 and 2019 CPQR audited radiation treatment programs against key indicators of program quality. Find out how the nation scored.
- Does your local incident reporting system align with CIHI’s National System for Incident Reporting – Radiation Treatment minimum dataset? This valuable resource is now available online.
Our Activities and Beyond
CPQR successfully achieved all key deliverables set forth in its 2010 and 2012 project plans. Moving forward it has developed a plan that capitalizes on the momentum created in these programs while continually striving to raise the bar on quality, safety and system performance initiatives in Canada.
Our new programs focus on:
- Equitable access to radiation treatment across Canada;
- Measure variability in radiation treatment plans by providing guidance on standardizing common nomenclature; and
- Patient reported outcomes to guide clinical care and pan-Canadian performance improvement.
CPQR continues to support its existing programs, encouraging uptake and utilization across the country.
Our Steering Committee
The success of CPQR can be derived in part from the strong initial and sustained engagement of the radiation treatment community, through partnership with the professions involved in radiation treatment planning and delivery: the Canadian Association of Radiation Oncology (CARO), the Canadian Organization of Medical Physicists (COMP) and the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT).
Recognizing that much of the work undertaken by CPQR requires support and input from provincial cancer agencies, CPQR also includes representation from the Canadian Association of Provincial Cancer Agencies. Two patient representatives are also included to ensure that CPQR programs, and strategic priorities address the needs of patients and their families.
Full membership information is available in the About Us page of our website.
Welcome to our new CPQR Steering Committee member, MerryLee McGuffin. Learn more about MerryLee and her work!