About the CPQR
Highlights and News
- CPQR, together with partner COMP, have released the new suite of Technical Quality Control Guidelines! Access this resource to ensure your centre is using the most up to date testing recommendations.
- CPQR is pleased to release its NEW Patient Engagement Guidelines for Canadian Radiation Treatment Programs! Download a copy for your Centre today!
- CPQR and CIHI have released the September Issue of NSIR-RT Update. Get your copy today!
We focus on:
- Quality assurance guidelines for radiation programs nationally
- Technical quality control guidelines for radiation treatment equipment
- National reporting of radiation treatment incidents
- Evaluation of patient engagement in radiation treatment quality and safety
Our program priorities have been developed by the CPQR Steering Committee in close consultation with clinical practitioners, cancer program leaders, provincial cancer agencies and international collaborators. We believe that these priority areas offer the greatest potential to improve quality and safety and mitigate risks.
Our Steering Committee
A priority for CPQR has been to raise awareness about radiation treatment quality and safety and to generate a sense of urgency to motivate change through continuous quality improvement. The CPQR Steering Committee has been structured to support this objective, with national thought leaders from each of the professions involved in radiation treatment – radiation oncology, medical physics and radiation therapy. Recognizing that much of the work undertaken by CPQR requires support and input from provincial cancer agencies, CPQR also includes representation from the Canadian Association of Provincial Cancer Agencies. Two patient representatives are also included to ensure that CPQR programs, and strategic priorities address the needs of patients and their families.
Full membership information is available in the About Us page of our website.